How do you prioritise your work…dealing with urgent.


Most Urgent
What to do when everything is urgent..
Yesterday I faced a what to do when everything is urgent situation…..It means out of most of the daily tasks everything was urgent…
Urgent Task –1 Let me start with a real incidence as soon as i started my workings for the day one of my colleagues have reported about non working of an E-banking website…since it was the last working day of the month, he has to pay some urgent Govt. Taxes ..unless if not paid we could be further panelized…so it was urgent for him…
Now I have to resolve it being an IT aware person…I have tried few tricks which i know but it was not working all the sites working fine except this one….
I thought may be the web server must be down…so i did a simple check at …Is It Down Right Now a simple website server check site, which confirms whether the mentioned site is working or not…and result….has shown yes its working fine….
But my problem was as it is …because except on my network the site was working fine each and every where…
Next Thing ….i thought may be my antivirus have blocked the site since i have set lot of policies….for my network users…
Till half of the day i was playing with Antivirus…and than i thought i need to take help from their customer care……I did the same… first from general customer care and second from…..their senior engineers who were kind enough to check…all the software related problems in antivirus…since 2-3 hours…but still not able to find the reason for my problem…
Urgent Task –2 Mean time…one of another colleagues has to receive some email forms from one of our vendors…to dispatch some goods, since we are a small company we just have single email facility… which was on my computer who have been taken care by sr. software engineers from our antivirus company…… so i was not able to get the print for him….now his work have been stucked…due to this and one more task is there is my urgent…list..
anyways after some 3.5 hours the software person told that this problem is not due to antivirus and may be our ISP (internet Service Provider) may have blocked the website. my problem still not resolved but i am thankful for the service provided by our Antivirus Company i.e. Quickheal.
Now problem was still there but now I can work on other important tasks, like receiving that email form for my collegue and other tasks….(the website problem was still there..)
The Idea:- I though if the problem is due to ISP than I should try some other wireless network and i did the same and yippie……….the problem was resolved…
Now I have to lodge a complaint to My internet service provider but before this i just tried to reset my modem and it worked the problem have been resolved the site is working very fine like it was never down before..
Moral of the Story :- I should have reset my modem first before doing all this tasks… it could have saved my whole day.
Now lets come to the point what to do when everything is urgent… in this situation most of the peoples i.e. Personality development and success guru’s will tell you should have to concentrate on your most important task and you will have to say no to other tasks politely ……….yes it could be fine in some cases…
But the best will be start 3-4 urgent task…give your first priority to most important…and also tell peoples that you are working on other tasks also this will definately will give you some time to complete the most important one and mean time you will also have some time for another urgent tasks…..also…Just like few of the peoples who never say no to anyone neither complete the task…
Difference only that you will be completing each and every task and in most reliable way.
In above matter my most urgent task was to get my computer free from that technical fault since only after I could use all the tools i required to complete another tasks…hence i have given top most priority to this task and also informed other persons that their work is also in process but may take some time because I am having a technical break down….and by the end of the day i have resolved all the issues…
What’s your way….share it with our friends…use comments…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Valuable to us.. It will take a while to get your comments approved and once done you can see them here........!!!